If there’s any doctor whom I don’t want to go to, it has to be a dentist. Dreaded root canals and the painful grindings whenever you get a toothache.. Ufff. I don’t want to reimagine the wisdom toothache and the root canal pain. No. Not again. Now I definitely know how important it is to take care of your oral health to avoid such dental problems.
Thanks to Shield Pakistan’s countrywide #ShieldYourSmile activity that I gotta know that there’s actually a day of celebration- WOHD (World Oral Health Day) every year to raise awareness about the importance of brushing and flossing. To make the most of the occasion Shield Pakistan has made it possible for millions of people across Pakistan at 47 Dental institutions to get Free dental checkups and oral health awareness. The best part kf the activity was that it was very well organized and even better executed.
Also, the Facebook page of shield Pakistan put up some useful info regarding the importance of brushing and I must say I’ve learned a lot. Here’s some of the reasons to shield your smile.
- Oral health is extremely important and getting regular professional checkup will help remove plaque, tartar and staining of teeth.
- Brushing 3 times a day for atleast 3 minutes should be made a habit.
- Flossing is as important as brushing. If you avoid it then your oral health is at risk as flossing contributes towards 35% of brushing and cleaning teeth.
- Prevention is better than cure. So it is better to adapt healthy oral care activities before getting into the mess of toothaches.
- Of course you’ll be more lovable with fresh breath. Don’t get others awkward in your company.
- Toothpaste contains minerals which helps teeth shine and stay healthy for a longer time.
Do yourself a favor by adapting better oral health care habits and don’t forget to thanks shield for making you realize how important it is to brush and take care of your smile. Shield it now.