If there is one thing that makes me crave to buy designer lawn or pret wear, it has to be the magical word SALE. That’s how middle class I am. While going for shopping with my mom in my childhood, I use to wonder why the shops at Tariq Road has these buntings and banners mentioning Sale while it means to sell literally and we are here to buy anyway. Khair!! Samajh aa hi jaati hai time k saath.
Sale means discount and a good sale will become crazy if brands offer flat off of more than 20-30% on any occasion. Like the infamous Agha Noor and Sapphire sale where we have seen women fighting and even breaking the glass door to enter the shop. Both the brands has a history of offering flat 50% off on numerous occasions(which is great btw as a consumer). No wonder Sapphire is the pioneers of such in season huge discount wali sales in Pakistan. The rest of the brands soon joined the bandwagon.
The most important question is, How fruitful these sales have been for the consumers or brands themselves? From consumer’s perspective I want to admit I didn’t know about Agha Noor as a brand at all before that Glass breaking video. So it worked. For Sapphire, they were the pioneers of fast fashion and flat sales. So a thumbs up here too. Great marketing but did the consumer got benefit of it? Of course!! Hundreds of women got their hands on clothes that won’t fit them or they literally don’t need from the sale and resell it on various pages of Facebook. It is a win win situation for both public and brands.
Recently, Khaadi opens doors of their largest store at Lucky One Mall with an irresistible offer of flat 40% off for 40hours and the hell broke loose. Hats off to the management that there weren’t any fights like Sapphire sales and door breaking entries like Agha Noor but the crowd did manage to make it look WTH. Pakistan’s biggest Mall with Khaadi’s largest store ever attracts the biggest crowd from the largest city of Pakistan and it is the moment Jis ne Gulshan ki Sarrkon pe breakain lagwa di. It was a crazy sale but public gets the most out of it. I am sure Gulshan and surrounding areas main now aunties have Khaadi clothing for the next 5 years stocked up.
As a consumer I just love these sales because iGhareeb. Never got the courage to be the part of instore madness. Obviously I don’t want myself to be filmed by the brands and then sharing it as a huge success video all over social media mocking every women. If you’re offering a crazy discount, expect crazy crowd. DEAL WITH IT. MANAGE IT. Instead of contemplating and demeaning customers by posting videos. If the brands can put a cap on pieces to be sold per person, then they might be able to decrease rush during crazy sales but then again, Pakistani Awaam has jugarr for everything. Online sale is what I am comfortable with and love to shop. The problem here is out of stock and gone with the wind kinda items. The pieces that you like won’t be available during sales or the order did not get through as happened with many, many a times. Brands need to sort things out too.
- So, Do I ever have something worthy from the online sale?
- Yes. It was tough but yes, worth it. Yaaay!! Thanks to Bonanza Satrangi, Khaadi, Sana Safinaz, Daraz, Yayvo for the best sales last year.
- Do I ever want to be there in store during crazy sales?
- Well, Tbh yes, I want to but I couldn’t. Don’t want to die in a stampede. Allah maafi.
Black Friday, The Western Sale phenomenon has made its way to Pakistani market with the debates over Friday being called black or white and lots more. Keeping it aside, it is for consumer’s benefit that every brand is now offering discounts be it by the name of black Friday or white Friday or blessed Friday etc. All hail daraz.pk for bringing the concept of Black Friday sales to Pakistan and making it big. Black Friday deals by most of the brands are already live or announced for the coming weekend but shop smartly guys.
Tips to make the most of Sales:
- Subscribe to the newsletter of your favorite brands to get first hand knowledge of any sale.
- Have Insomnia. Yes!! Because every online sale will begins at midnight and you’ll have to be checking it at a lightning fast speed. Warna miss.
- Always look out for promotional vouchers or codes etc and payment partners. ECommerce sites like Daraz and Yayvo offers multiple payment options with additional discounts.
- Save enough lol. Warna online shopping resist krna Barra mushkil hai boss.
- Play it safe. Always double check prices and credibility of the website/brand you’re shopping from.
- Start following me (hinasafi) and hashtag #SaleAlert on Twitter coz I post about sales often. Do share what you think about sales in Pakistan specifically black Friday.
Happy Shopping and Saving!!